City writer of Wels 2022
Entry deadline: 11 March 2022
For the eighth time, the city of Wels is looking for a city writer. The three-month scholarship from 1st June – 31st August 2022 is open to writers of any age.
As part of this scholarship an accommodation in Wels is provided. The amount of the scholarship is € 1,100.00 per month.
The aim of the scholarship is to promote writers who
- have a strong contemporary relevance in their work,
- show artistic independence,
- and are willing to enter into an exchange with the people of Wels.
Authors who have already held the position of city writer of Wels are excluded from the application.
- Basic knowledge of the German language
- At least one independent literary publication (not self-published) or five publications in journals or anthologies
- Willingness to engage in a dialogue in Wels
- Willingness to participate in readings, school visits, discussions
- Announcement of a concrete project idea to be worked on during the stay
Documents for submission (electronic):
- Curriculum vitae
- Details of literary career
- 2 publication samples (max. 10 pages per text sample, plus translations if not published in German)
- Outline of the project proposal for the stay (max. 2 pages)
The selection will be made by a three-member jury in April 2022.
Deadline: Friday, 11th March 2022
Please send your submissions only electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.