Salzburg International Summer Academy of Fine Arts
Entry deadline: 31 May 2021
This year's Salzburg International Summer Academy of Fine Arts course programme has the motto Those who can, do. Those who can do more, teach. Numerous scholarships are available with further information here.
Deadline: 3 May 2021 (scholarships), 31 May 2021 (all applications).
Teaching artists/curators/critics 2021:
Rossella Biscotti, Cäcilia Brown/Anna Hofbauer/Mikkel Holm Torp, Cosmin Costinaş/Inti Guerrero, Anna Daučiková, Shezad Dawood, Christina Dimitriadis, Louisa Elderton/Klaus Speidel, Léuli Eshrãghi, Flaka Haliti, Ho Tzu Nyen with Jan Gerber/Sebastian Lütgert, Nadira Husain/Flora Klein, Leon Kahane, Wasif Munem, Christian Nyampeta, Shubigi Rao, ruangrupa, Francis Ruyter.
The Salzburg International Summer Academy of Fine Arts, founded in 1953 by Oskar Kokoschka as the “School of Vision”, in Hohensalzburg Fortress, is the oldest of its kind in Europe. Every year, some 300 participants from more than 50 countries attend around 20 courses.
- open application process to anyone interested, no degrees required;
- unique opportunity to study with outstanding international artists, curators, collectives, educators, scholars and writers;
- devote time exclusively to making art or developing ideas while also learning about and reflecting on art and its discourses;
- classes based on one-on-one supervision as well as group discussion;
- stunning historic course environment surrounded by an alpine landscape;
- public programmes with cultural partners in Salzburg and elsewhere;
- access to art literature and magazines.
Detailed descriptions of the individual courses are available here.