Writer of the City of Wels 2021
Entry deadline: 2 April 2021
Calling all writers! For the seventh time, the city of Wels is looking for a city writer.
The three-month scholarship is open to writers of any age. As part of this scholarship, accommodation in Wels is provided. The amount of the scholarship is € 1100 per month.
The aim of the scholarship is to promote writers who:
- have a strong contemporary relevance in their work,
- show artistic independence,
- and are willing to enter into an exchange with the people of Wels.
- Basic knowledge of the German language
- At least one independent literary publication (not self-published) or five publications in
journals or anthologies
- Willingness to engage in a dialogue in Wels
- Willingness to participate in readings, school visits, discussions
- Announcement of a concrete project idea to be worked on during the stay
Authors who have already held the position of Writer of the City of Wels are excluded from the application.
For more infos & application details click here.